Job Title: Front End Developer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job type: Full-time/Hybrid
Superfy delivers sustainable smart resource management solutions through technology, empowering enterprises and connecting cities. Our solutions cover sustainability, waste, recycling, operations, workforce and fleet management.
The Superfy platform tracks and monitors organisation’s operational impact to drive efficiency, enhance operational performance, reduce CO2 emissions and meet ESG reporting requirements. The platform integrates seamlessly into existing workflows between employees, customers and service providers.
Superfy is on an exciting mission to change the world, by making a significant difference to how organisations measure and reduce their carbon emissions as well as their operational costs.
We are an energetic and driven team, fast moving and focused on building a successful company for a sustainable world.
We are looking for like-minded individuals with the same passion and focus to join our team.
At Superfy you will have an opportunity to make a real difference, learn from the best and develop your career.
Learn more about our mission from our CEO and COO in this short video
Trust: We strive to earn the trust of our employees, of our community and of our customers. Trust is the lifeblood of our organization and our foundation pillar. We are open to ideas, open to feedback, open to constantly improve.
One Team: We have one world we all live on. We are one team delivering exceptional service to our customers and working together to achieve the impossible. We believe that collectively as a team we can achieve so much more than individuals.
Integrity: We must do the right thing. We might not always get it right first time but we will always make it right. We are conscious about our impact on society.
Sustainability: We believe we have the power to create a positive impact on the world. That business can be a change maker for a more sustainable world to benefit people, communities and planet.
Change Makers: We as individuals can make a positive change using our skills and passion to deliver real improvements in the world around us.
Responsibility / Activity
- Responsible for building complex, large-scale IoT systems
- Collaboration with other areas of the business to provide high-quality solutions and support to partners.
- Developing platforms for; assets, waste management, telematics, fleet management and sustainability.
- Full cycle development of solutions for analysis, development, testing and support.
Use of our core technologies including:
- Fast API
- Micro Frontend with NX
- React JS
- React Query
- Material UI
This list is not exhaustive. You may / will be required to perform such other duties as appropriate to the post, as may be assigned to you from time to time by a designated person. You will be required to assist with special functions, from time to time.
Role in Business Process
Managing Systems and Processes
- Oversees systems and processes, ensuring outputs meet expectations and work is well coordinated.
- Competently monitors results and metrics, and makes adjustments to improve functioning.
Technical Passion & Drive
- Believes in and positively communicates about the power and usefulness of information technology.
- Is strongly motivated to find new ways to apply technology, combine different ideas to create something new, or improve existing products, systems, and technology.
- Demonstrates interest in and commitment to developing great products that are useful to internal or external customers and adding value to those products.
- Efficiently and creatively solves moderately difficult or complex problems that affect people within his/her group or other related groups.
- Looks beyond obvious solutions, and experiments with different approaches to solving problems.
- Develops solutions for problems beyond his/her scope, and escalates for confirmation of this solution, or other options, before acting.
- Is a key contributor in group problem solving, performance and support morale.
Planning, organising and coordinating
- Effectively prioritizes own work such that she/he is prepared and able to meet work objectives.
- Efficiently uses his/her time.
- Organizes resources to complete his/her projects efficiently and on time.
- Effectively participates in routine planning activities related to his/her work.
- Keeps appropriate people informed about progress on tasks/projects.
- Tailors his/her interpersonal style to the situation by monitoring and appropriately interpreting others’ reactions.
- Shows respect for individuals in all situations, modelling this behaviour for others.
- Values individuals whose goals, cultures, opinions, or background differ from his/her own, and encourages others to do so.
Drive for Results
- Efficiently and creatively solves difficult, complex problems that affect other groups.
- Accurately defines the amount and kind of information that must be gathered for problem solving.
- Identifies underlying or hidden problems or trends across groups.
- Anticipates, and proactively works to circumvent, roadblocks to solutions.
- Challenges his/her staff to think critically in solving problems.
- Facilitates or leads effective problem solving in meetings and groups.
Preferred Experience/ Education: Undergraduate Level – 5 – 8 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Web and network basics.
- Algorithms and their complexity, the ability to write them effectively.
- Basic OOP principles and how to apply them.
- Asynchronous programming / multithreading.
- Experience with services / microservices.
- AWS experience is a plus.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature of and the criteria required to perform this function. It will be subject to regular review with the post holder and your Manager.
Superfy Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability or membership of the travelling community